Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2006

Celtic Quilt

I didn't get to stitch much yesterday, because I had a really horrible day in work and by the time we'd had something to eat and tidied up it was about half past nine and my eyes were just starting to close!

Tonight though I've made some good progress on Chatelaine Celtic Quilt mystery. This design was released in January 2005 in monthly sections. I kept up with it for a couple of months but then fell behind and in the end I just worked on it when I felt like. I love the idea of Martina's mystery designs but I have a really hard time keeping up with the monthly releases, particularly if that particular part of the chart involves intensive stitching. So far I have started Mystery 8, Celtic Quilt Mystery and the Stitching Leparello, and I haven't yet managed to keep up to date on any of them!

I have read today on Martina's BB that her 2008 mandala garden mystery is going to be based on a Celtic theme. I am definitely going to sign up for that one and will do my best to keep up to date with it. At least I've got plenty of time to get some other WIP's out of the way before then.

Anyway, here's a photo of Celtic Quilt so far. Tonight I managed to stitch the green "zig zags" in the border on the bottom row of the squares. There's really not that much left to do on this now, a few weeks of stitching should see it finished and I'm making it my December challenge to finish this one by the end of the year.

4 comments:

jane said...

Your Celtic Quilt is looking great Sandra - it will be lovely to see it finished, I'm such a voyeur when it comes to Chatelaines...lol cos I know I'll never stitch one myself.

Sally said...

Your Celtic Quilt looks fantastic so far Sandra. I'm signing up for the next Christmas mystery but must admit the mystery that starts in 2008 sounds lovely.

Anna van Schurman said...

WOW! That's breathtaking!

Solitary Raven said...

WOW!!!
I love it ... is there a certain place where you are getting all of the patterns... I do have a quilt with nothing on it !!
Beautiful...
if this is a mystery gee... I want to be in one!