Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2008

Keep beading, keep keep beading!

Apologies to Leona Lewis for slightly altering the lyrics to her latest song, but I am still plugging away on the beading on Mystery 8. Things I have discovered while beading:

1. Beading needles are very very sharp!
2. If you drop a beading needle it's almost impossible to find it again.
3. I LOVE Tacky Bob.
4. Beads can actually disappear into thin air when they land on carpet.
5. Swarovski crystal bicones are easier to find than beads, but still take two people a torch and a certain amount of furniture removal
6. Never leave beading until the end on a Chatelaine design.

I had hoped to have Mystery 8 completely finished by the end of this month, but at the moment I still have three sets of gates and two sets of waves to bead so unless there is a freak snow storm overnight which stops me from driving to work tomorrow I can't see it happening.

Jayne from Jayne's Attic told me that the fabric I ordered for Tuscany Town Mandala is on the way to me so hopefully that will arrive tomorrow, I can't wait to see it as I've only seen this colour (Fallen Leaves from Polstitches) on a small cut. I'll let you know how it looks.


2 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Thanks for the advice Sandra. I love my Tacky Bob but as I am working on Taj Mahal Mandala at the moment and was going to leave all the beads until the end I shall heed your advice and once the middle section is done then I think I will do the special stitches AND the beads before moving on.

Claire said...

So your loving the beading?! LOL

Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Hugs
Claire